Thursday, December 31, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 40 - The intruders

 A week passed by with construction work going at pace. We got our iron and copper ores setup, I thought I could regenerate more valuable ores as well but, it took way more magic and I couldn't with my current level. We have farming started and the city is starting to have some shape rather than just open grounds. 

Henry had to go back to report to his seniors so that no suspicion was to arise. Few of the guys went with him to buy more stuff for our city, he apparently knows cheaper places in the city. Money has started to become a problem. So, we are also sending tons of weapons and tools we made with him to sell in Tranmire. Henry and I have become quite acquainted in these few days, we talked about politics, administration, trade, business and monetization in our town. We need to be making money and the guys need to earn too for whatever they do in the city so that they have some sort of insurance for their future. I have promised them salaries for the work or money for the goods they produce. Guys have denied need of such things for now and thought I was joking or something. 

To achieve a constant flow of income, we have decided to build lodges and taverns for the travellers in the main road. A cheap place they can rest and feed themselves. We will also create a market place for them to buy basic items. We don't have buildings built already for such businesses but we want to start with whatever we have and start spreading words of our place. 

With no delay we had couple of guys from Friscos to stay with us. We had everything arranged so that our work and cover is not hindered any way but these guys seemed a bit strange as if they are pretending to be weak and poor.

"Hey Viredeo, you seeing these new guys that have come looking for shelter? Something's off about them."

"Yes, their posture and built doesn't match their clothes. They are trying to look poor yet they have expensive weapons. They are trying hard not show but I have sharp eyes you know."

"Ya, let's go chat with them."

We surround them and interrogate. 

"Off with it, who you guys are and what are you doing here?" I asked.

"What do you mean, we are just some poor Friscan sailors wandering about."

"Just wandering huh? So why do you have such high grade weapons?" Viredeo backed me up.

"Oh my quite an observant you guys are. Fine no point in hiding any more. We were sent by the minister to spy on whats going on here."

Dang Ferrit! So this is how Friscans deal with their situations. 

"So what do you think is going on here?" I was confident they have not seen the otherside of the town.

"Ya looks like nothing much is going on here, just some guy trying to build farms and homes. Or is just a cover?"

"Cover for what poverty and bankruptcy? You guys ripped me off remember? Selling me this disputed land worth nothing for so much my gold. I want my money back."

"Hang on, We don't have your money, it's nothing to do with us anyway. You made your deal, you can't back out now. And look at this place... keep working on it and someday you will have something here. (in few centuries. hehehe) "

"What was that?"

"No, nothing much, we will be going now, let you guys be."

"Hang on, where are you going? You have to stay and fight of the Tranmirers that have been coming and bugging us all the time."

Haha, of course the Tranmirers won't stay put with this, It's their problem now. He thought to himself and said "It's not our problem mister. It comes with the land you brought. I'm sure those spineless cunts will let you be after a while."

They bought few items we had for sale and went back pleased seeing nothing suspicious.

 "Wew! I think that went well." I hoped they don't come back any time soon let alone unannounced. The friscans are going to be trickier to handle.

"We might need to upgrade our outer walls so we can better control who we let in." Viredeo responded with better reaction I guess.

Next: City Dungeon: Ch 41 - Monetization

No comments:

Post a Comment