Wednesday, November 11, 2020

City Dungeon: CH 11 - Half human?

While getting ready for travel, I shared my plans ahead with the team at multiple occasions but none showed much interest. They agreed without any hesitations and I could feel a very one way command like communication going on when what I wanted was suggestions and feedback on how we gonna actually do this. So, I decided to pick on Andro as he was the only one as of now capable of  proper communication. Agalac was man of few words, Garthos understood few commands but mostly grumbled, and Gnas was mostly knocked out recovering. 

"Andro, I want you to speak free of your mind and consider me as a friend instead of your master."

"Yes, master. What do you want me to say exactly?"

"I... I want to know more about your past and how you came to be a slave in the market."

"Well master, when I was born, my human mother passed away few days after giving birth to me, my father game me this name Andro, which means man like, because he thought I looked more like a human than a druid. As I grew up with my father I learnt that I could transform my self into a human unlike my father who transformed into a mighty bear." 

His eyes began to swell will tears and I could see he was struggling to keep it in.

"Is your father okay?"

"No, when I was still a kid he was recruited forcefully by Demon Baphomet, the ruler of Labyrinth dungeon just to be a pawn monster in there. I got news in a month that he was slain."

As far as I remember, Labyrinth Dungeon is one of the oldest and biggest dungeons. It is well known for all the beasts it collects as well so to them Andro's father was just a another beast. "Hmm!!!"

"Alone, I had no other option than to disguise as a human and live amongst them. I lived in town called Miradel near the riverlands where I learnt so much of the humans. You see master, the humans are not just souls to be collected. Though most of them are selfish and cruel, some of them are kind, caring and full of love. Just like you, master. There has to be some part human in you too."

Suddenly I realized I never knew who my mother was. I always thought she was some concubine father never cared about. Could she have been a human.

Next: City Dungeon: Ch 12 - All my life

No comments:

Post a Comment