Sunday, November 8, 2020

City Dungeon: Chapter 1 - The bastard prince

 I knew I would be an outcast in my family but I am someone worse than that. You see, I am a nobody yet somebody potentially dangerous to my own family. To be fair, I never wanted to cause any trouble to my "legitimate" younger brothers on their way to become next rulers of the kingdom.

As much as the temptation of becoming a ruler myself I know better not to put any worth to a bastard's claim for the throne. If I even showed a hint of interest my step mother would stop bluntly saying "Remember, you don't have any claim to the throne" and just get one her guards to dispose of me. If that happens and I would vanish suddenly one day... would anyone care, would anyone miss me. I doubt anyone would notice my absence at all.

So I've decided, the sooner I leave the castle and the kingdom the better it is for everybody, including me. Hope father lends me some coins and enough magic to start something of my own. I don't think he would lend me any valuable artifacts or A-rank magicians of his.. would he? 

Sigh!!! I shouldn't be dreaming of such, I should know better. I would be lucky if I get anything at all from him. Still, few magic crystals would be nice though. Sigh!!!

Next: City Dungeon: Chapter 2: Challenging new beginnings

No comments:

Post a Comment