Sunday, November 8, 2020

City Dungeon: Chapter 5 - Market

 "Hello There! What can I get for young Demon like you? Some magic crystals, some elixirs may be?"

"I'm looking for some trust worthy sub ordinates who can accompany me for my journey. Best that you have amongst the cheapest ones that is." 

"Haha surely our products will justify the cost. Tell me what kind of journey you are embarking on? So, that I know exactly to show you? Or is there anything specific you are looking for?"

"Well I am going to build a dungeon of my own. So... I was thinking some worker slaves, and some one to take care of all of us, may be some guards for safe travels. That should be enough." I claimed.

He showed me some high level, best of his offerings, orcs, elves, shamans, trolls and what not ho could do all but they were way too expensive for me. Most of them were around 5000 gold coins. He understood me right away and said.

"Sire! I might I ask, how much gold do you plan to spend on your slaves?"

"None if possible" I whispered to myself. "Lets see the cheapest ones you have. I have begun to worry I might not be able to even afford them". 

He takes me underground, where the lights are dim, and one could hear rats squeaking. There were tiny goblins, weak looking half elves, old and wounded creatures. Each of them costed around 1 gold coin each.

"Is that a human? Humans can't be bound by slave magic what he doing here."

"Half human. Another half being a druid. No magical powers seen so far, weak as a human. Serves none of the previously mentioned purposes I'm afraid." 

"How much?" 

"You want him?? Tell you what I will give him for free with rest of your purchases."

"Hmm!" I wondered if somethings was wrong with him. Regardless I kept on looking around the cages.

Next:-City Dungeon: Chapter 6 - "Psst, Pick me!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment