Friday, December 25, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 37 - Dungeon Lord, Spike

 Oh Boy! It's gonna be a weird morning, with the friscans here and the envoy and his men from Tranmire. Will the Friscans stay? What will Henry decide to do with us. Is he even here today and hasn't already snicked out to tell-tell on us. Sigh!!!

I step out of my tent and Yennifer was waiting for me.

 

Yennifer, Succubus maid

"Master! the Friscans have infiltrated our kitchen and are adamant on helping us cook food. I don't know whether to stop them or let them do so."

"I don't think they will poison us all, do you?" Gnas jumped in the conversation.

"No no, that's good news. But... are they trying to cook something else than our menu?"

"No, they are okay with whatever we are cooking, they just want to help. They are also trying to help around building, gardening and wherever possible."

"Looks like they want to be part of this. Great. As a reward they get to add one item of their choice, tell them that and they can help cook that item."

"As your wish"

This way we have something they like to eat as well and they will feel at home.

"Gnas, where is Henry and his men. Are they still here?"

"They are all passed out. Looks like they had to drink after a long time and they went all in yesterday."

"Hmm... that sounds good for now. Should we keep them drunk all the time if that's how we are going to survive? hahaha" I wondered.

"Lord, Spike. We have setup temporary fences around the perimeter and around the inner city. Do you want a wall around the castle as well?" Darrek wanted my permission.

"Castle?..." They probably thought I would want a castle. I do but let's just call it our headquarters.

"Ofcourse he needs walls around his castle" Gnas had no doubt about it.

"Well, I don't want it to stand out actually. And it's not going to be a castle. It's our headquarters. A place where we run our city from and I say we, because not only me but my ministers are going to work theire."

"Work? Did you mean live instead?" Darrek seemed surprised.

"Yes, I will have a small house just like you guys to live on" 

"That's absurd. You are the king of this place whether you act like it or not. Your protection is of utmost priority in this unknown land. And what about your dungeon crystal, how are you gonna keep it safe. It's a dungeon after all."

"Don't worry, I have a plan for that. Fetch Eberk for me, I need to discuss land and property with him."

Today is all about officially make it a dungeon and get my first demon powers.

I am quite excited now that I think about it and went back to my camp. I took a safe we bought in Tranmire made of steel and strong lock. I open it up to place my crystal. First I activate the dungeon crystal to start creating a dungeon. I could see an UI appearing in my mind now that the crystal has been activated.

< Enter name of the dungeon > "Archeaven"

< Select the land area of the dungeon > I could now see an aerial view of the land and also see the wooden fences around the city. I carefully select the around that fence.

< Select your dungeon boss to finish the setup. >

I know when dungeon boss is killed wherever you hide the crystal will appear where the boss died. I wanted Viredeo to be the boss but now that it is a city, do I still make him the boss. Though he will get power from the dungeon he won't be able to leave the city once he is the boss until he transfers his position. I will have to ask him if he wants the responsibility but until then I will be the boss.

< Your dungeon is ready. Activate now?> "Yes"

Swirl of magic flowed through me as I levitated up and growled in might and power.

[ 

    Title: Dungeon Owner and Dungeon Boss

    Dungeon: Archeaven

    Ability: 

        1. Super Sense (new): Can sense souls and beings inside the dungeon.

        2. Super Strength (new):

        3. Super Stamina (new):

        4. Dungeon Boss (new): Passive ability, the stronger the dungeon, the                         stronger the boss is.

    Summoning Level: 6 + 4 = 10

    Magic: 700 + 1300 = 2000 / 2000


What's is this power, so overwhelming I could get addicted to this.

< Dungeon activated. Souls collected: 0/0 > 

I safely put the glowing crystal into the safe and lock it up. I hear someone coming in.

"Lord Spike, you called for me?"

"Ah, yes Eberk, I wanted to talk to you about our land here."

"Sure what about it."

"Now that we own the land here, I want to make our people here land owners as well. So that they feel motivated to build the best city possible."

"Oh my god, we are doing that already? I don't mind it but are you sure you want to give all us land already?"

"Ya I don't want my promises to feel empty. I need to deliver otherwise they will lose faith on me. And no point in holding this back, I don't plan to back out anyway."

"Right, sounds good. How can I help? You want me to make land papers?"

"Yes, before that we need to categorize our land through proper town planning. I see you we have divider walls already built out of small stones around the city. What was he planning around that?"

"Ya those are actually measured land area. We have divided our land into five major sections based on the land properties and location: Residential, Administration, Industrial, Agricultural and Commercial. Residential are the ones with most divided into, the area is appropriate for one family of 4-6 with a medium house and garden land for them to do whatever with. If you are giving land to us then this is the one."

As he went on describing everything, I could sense the land and see the map in my head. The commercial land has been planned out right at center and the main road, which made sense. Residential land behind the commercial. The industrial being the furthest around the back near the mountains. The farming land was out in the front to the north, expanding even outside the walls. We could definitely farm all those space just sitting there some day but for now we need to get our farms started inside the wall. We don't have much of administrative land planned, I guess that's alright and it's placed between industrial at south and town center where the castle is being built. We can use this land for the monsters, as it is well tucked behind the main area. Also we can be the main work force for the industries, and produce goods behind the cover without having to face people.

"Let's get on it with it. We will give away a block of land in residential or administrative based on human or not. We will start with the order of them meeting me for first time and their land being the closest to the center."

We created land papers and in the name of the people according to the order per person. Couple had their land place together and only adults received land for now. I made Andro document all of it and then distributed the papers one by one.

There was lots of cheering and celebration going on. Henry and his men saw what was happening and decided they wanted a piece of this awesomeness.

[ Dungeon citizens: 42 ]

[ Souls claimed: 29 ]

Next:City Dungeon: Ch 38 - Souls Claimed?

No comments:

Post a Comment