Sunday, December 27, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 39 - The mines

    The next day, I had to go through our expenses so far and check how long we could sustain our construction with the money I had. I sat down with Andro and Henry to discuss financial matters. They were the only two who might be able to give an opinion.

"Guys, we need more resources to keep our constructions going and we need money for that."

"I thought we were using resources from the forest behind us." - Henry 

"Not all of it, mostly wood and stones are from the land but we don't have metal ores. Also our food storage is depleting and we haven't got farming started." Andro explained the situation.

"Ya I just created a thunderstorm this morning around the outer walls for a while, the farmlands should be watered for today, and I will do that for a week until the pipelines are ready."

"Oh cool, you can do that? Are you a warlock like Jordan?"

"Sort of." I replied hesitantly.

"In Tranmire we mostly get valuable ores from dungeons around. We have setup mines around dungeons and as long as the dungeon is active the mines don't seem to run out."

"What? What do you mean? Isn't that dangerous?" Andro and I had same question.

"Yes it is, many lives are lost finding, establishing and running the mines. Sadly it's a trade the kings and business men make happily as long as they are in profit."

Am I missing something how is it possible. How can a dungeon become mining place for humans. And most importantly how do I do that in here. 

"Have you ever been to such mines before? Henry?"

"I haven't but the guards probably have. You want me to fetch one of them?"

"Yes please." He goes and brings one of them who has worked in the mines before.

"Greetings, Lord Spike. Nice to finally make acquaintance with you. You are very popular among the guys here."

"Same here, whats your name my friend."

"Samuel Tally, you can call me Sam."

"Alright Sam, tell me about the mines you worked before?"

"Ah yes the mines, those were the most horrible days of my life. Always being scared of being killed at any moment. You see I worked as one of the miners only because that was the only way to earn my living. I had nothing else."

"Sam, tell me how did you guys mine ores from a dungeon."

"It wasn't a typical underground mine per say. It was like break down and take whatever was metal from the dungeon. We tore down gates, walls, floor, ceiling, traps, whatever we could find and the strange thing was within few days the dungeon would come back looking like brand new."

"Ah I see. That's brilliant."

"Nothing brilliant about it, the guards, so called Heroes paid to defend us would  away first thing if they see a monster. I am surprised I have lived so far to tell the tale today. The monsters here are way too nice compared to the ones in the dungeons or even some humans in the Tranmire."

"Sam, tell me about your stay here, are you liking it so far here? Anything we can do to make it better?"

"Oh my, I don't know. Everything's been so new and different yet you guys are so welcoming and kind, it just feels so unreal. It scares me actually, if such a dream will last or shatter some day because what we have here is neither accepted by humans nor the monsters elsewhere. We have become enemies of the world, haven't we?"

"Yes, it is very important to be discrete about the monsters living here and also become strong enough to protect ourselves when the time comes."

After sharing our stories, we let dis-adjourn our meeting which was quite fruitful I would say. I learnt something very valuable to us, how to build our own ores mines. Whatever we built as part of the dungeon I can probably regenerate it with some magic as long as the dungeon is active. 

Next: City Dungeon: Ch 40 - The intruders

No comments:

Post a Comment