Sunday, December 20, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch-34 Archeaven

 

"Master, have you decided on the name of our town?"

"Hmm. I have not thought about the names yet. But was thinking something like a 'heaven' for all of us"

"How about Arch-Heaven" Viredeo jumped in the conversation. "It means better than a heaven"

"Arch-heaven... Archeaven I like it. I am gonna call it the Archeaven. Let's go every one, off to Archeaven..."

"YEAHHH"

Outside the gates there was the guy working for the land authority office that we saw previously. Not the guy we talked to but some one helping him around may be his assistant. After seeing us he seemed relieved and gathered around us. 

"You guys are finally here, I was starting to think you guys bailed on us. I want you to meet Henry, he is our envoy coming with you guys."

"Hi Nice to meet you Lord Spike."

"Same here. Glad to have you with us."

The assistant added "these are the four guards coming with him and hopefully they all will be returned safely. Haha. I will be heading back. Have fun guys."

He seemed to be in hurry. These Tranmirers have hectic life it seemed but these guards look weak and amateur. Are these just for formality? I wondered.

"Nice you guys have carriages. 3 carriages? Is that right?" Henry seems to be writing everything down.

Henry, Tranmirer Envoy

 "Yes, We can talk on the way, we need to get going if we want to make it today."

I had already sent out Jordan to inform guys back home about the guests and prepare tent for them, hopefully we can keep them in dark for the total of their stay. 

"How long will you guys be staying with us? Henry."

"Just a couple of days, a week at most. I am told to confirm you guys are not spies that's all. You guys are not right?"

He seemed worried.

"We are not spies that is for sure. Only spy you're gonna find is yourselves. Haha"

I tried to lighten up the mood.

"If I may Henry, your guards don't seem well trained and not strong at all. What's the matter, your boss don't value your safety?"

"Oh, I know we are all expendables here but don't get any ideas yet, If I don't return safely within few weeks, they will send armies next. After all that's all he needs from us not our lives."

What a cruel people I thought. They send them expecting to die. No value of their lives at all.

"I would have never done that to my people" I haven't been much honest with him before but this much was very true.

"Your people? So you are the leader of these 3 only or you have more back where we are going? Wait where are we going exactly?"

"You'll soon find out. We have bunch of more people in my city we are going to built. It's underneath the Grounded mountains the land we just bought from your boss, Archeaven."

"Wow, you bought those lands from us? I care about our safety and not sure I should be saying this to you but you seem like a honest man. We don't actually own those lands, those are disputed lands, I don't believe anybody owns that to sell. You have been swindled and our lives was the price it seems."

He came to realize that he was just be thrown out as cannon fodders.

"I know, now the land is mine, it's not disputed any more. I smile"

"You don't understand. The Friscans will never sit quite about this. They will send an army as soon as they find out."

"Hehe, don't worry, we have bought the lands from them as well."

And then he realized how prepared we were. He was impressed and we had smirk in our faces. While I was busy boasting our plans I hear a voice in my head from Jordan.

[ Boss, I have reached our camp, but there's a problem. ]

Next:City Dungeon: Ch 35 - Troubles in Archeaven

No comments:

Post a Comment