Saturday, December 5, 2020

CIty Dungeon: Ch 22 - How to impress a dwarf?

 Late that night we arrived, I went up to the guys with hopes of learning more about the dwarves. 

"Guys, How are we going to impress some dwarves to work for us?"

"Dwarves... they like their gems and metals." Gnas commented.

"They are proud beings, and like good constructs. Weapons, tools, ores, buildings, all of such sorts" Andro added.

"Hmm... do we have anything of such?"

"No." collectively they said.

"Where's Viredeo? His sword looked cool may be we could show it to them."

"He is missing since we reached here" Andro reported.

Garthos comes over and hands me a stone and I was like at least some one is trying.

"No, Garthos this is just a stone, we need gems and metals."

Hang on, could it be there's some expensive diamond inside. I quickly grab something to smash it with. I find a hammer lying around in the room, and smash that stone. 

BAM!!! The hammer broke but the stone seem unfased and the guys laughed. I laughed along akwardly and slightly ashamed of myself.

 "Whads dad noise oud dere? Your gonna break my davern are you?"

The tavern keeper heard that big noise and barged in.

"Oh my hammer how did ya manage do break id?" he sounded as if in pain.

"That hammer must be rusted or something it broke way too easy." Gnoll helped negate the situation and possible fines.

"Oh no no no! It can'd be! My cousin jusd made me dis one and he is very good at making dese."

"Sorry! about your hammer I will have it fixed. I was going out to meet some blacksmiths anyway." I tried to calm him down.

"My cousin, Darrak who made dis hammer is a good blacksmid. You can go meed him, tell him I sent you and he will give ya good discount too but do ask him aboud how da hell did dis hammer break."

"Sure, I will go at first light tomorrow. For today lets all get some meat and ale Mr keeper. I will treat ya some ale on me."  I was happy how well he treated us even after the mishap and was looking forward to meet his cousin as well. May be if he is not as good as the keeper says because his hammer break but he might be someone we could afford if we convice him to come with us.

 Next: City Dungeon: Ch 23 - How to impress a Dwarf? (Part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment