Sunday, December 20, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 35 - Troubles in Archeaven

 [ I panicked, what's wrong Jordan? ]

[ Looks like there's a fight about to break out. ]

[ What? Why are our guys fighting? Is it Gnas causing problems? ]

[ Oh no! It's not about one of us, it's all of us against the humans. Right now the guys are on a very tense stand off against what seems like about 20 humans with pitch forks and knives. Shall I burn them all from behind. ]

[ Hold on, no burning, no killing. We are almost there 1 hours at may be. Tell me what those humans look like? Tranmirers or Friscans. ]

[ These hold no specific banners, or clothings but their clothings all rugged and they look like Friscan fishermens. I don't think they will wait for us for an hour. All they see is monsters in front us. ]

Damn it. 

[ Open a portal for me in a minute. I will come right now. ] 

"Guys I need to check on the other carriages, you guys sit tight, we are almost there."

I hint at Viredeo to come with and hop off the carriage carrying Henry and the guards. I signal Bart to carry on and we jump to next one behind us which Andro was driving. 

"There's a problem in the camp. Looks like the Friscan farmers we promised land have come already. I will step into the portal now and meet them. You guys come as it is now in your carriages and I will meet you there. Make sure they don't know I was gone."

"Alright!" - Andro and Viredeo

[ Summon me now ]

I step into the portal to witness the standoff. The Friscans were the friends of Bart as I expected.  They looked in shock and scared to death looking at he monster in front of them. Only thing preventing them from charging was Megan standing in between them trying to calm them. I slowly walk towards them and once close enough.

"Hi, Remember me guys. I was the one who invited you guys."

One of them pointed their pitch fork at me and kept at me as I walked in between them and they gave way. 

"Hold on, Calm down. We are all friends here."

"Careful, don't you see the monsters in front of us?" 

"Lower your weapons guys. Head back inside and prepare tents for them."

"I don't think they will stay after this." Gnas deducted.

He may be right, "prepare few for now, I will be back with the update"

As the guys went inside, I notice a temporary wall already built around our city. Impressive. But now was not the time to be impressed.

"What's going on?" one of them spoke out his mind. "Are you a monster too? are you one of them?"

"A monster? I will let you guys be the judge of that. But I promise you guys there will be no harm from me or any body here to you guys. And there are no monster here, all of us are same, an outcast, a slave, broken people with no home or family. We may look different but in this city we are all friends and family. If you still decide to join then we will lay our lives for you guys, and hope some day you will feel the same about us."

"He is right you know, they look different but they are actually nice and friendly" Megan added. 

Yes thank god we have Megan. (God? Oh boy, what have I become).

The guys began to lower their weapons and start discussing among themselves.

I know this won't be easy for them. But they don't have any other options back in Fricos. I wanted them to have home here. So I decide to help them open up. 

"Guys, whatever you decide, whether you stay or return back to Friscos, you can decide that tomorrow too right. It's already sun down today, you guys must be tired from travel. We have food and tents setup for all you. You can rest for the night and decide what to do tomorrow. You kind people gave me food and showed good hospitality when I was in Friscos, let me do the same at least for tonight if not for longer."

"C'mon get in" Megan starts to loose her temper. "As if you got something better in your life waiting for you."

They realizing how true that was, they began to slowly and carefully walk in.

"How did you get here faster than us? And who are these people?" 

Dang Ferrit!!! It was Henry. I completely forgot about them.

Next:City Dungeon: Ch 36 - Absolute disaster

No comments:

Post a Comment