Wednesday, December 16, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 32 - Monsters in Friscos

 We had our construction of the well on the way and soon it was night already. Viredeo reported only couple of humans walked that road today and none seemed to notice our presence so far, which was good for now. But once we have construction completed hopefully it will attract more people. Later that they we celebrated our first day and feasted on the food Laria and the girls prepared. We drank ale that we brought with us, shared stories and had lots of fun. Well deserved after a hard day's work.

Next day, early in the morning we decide to set out for Friscos to buy our land. But before that I go meet with the dwarfs to plan our day.

"We will need to further survey the lands and make a solid blueprint of our town planning."

"Yes, we will get on it right away."

I then set Gnas incharge and take Viredeo, Andro and Bart with me to Friscos. I also send Jordan to Tranmire to find person in charge of purchasing land. As we got closer to Friscos I personally got more nervous. It was my first time this close to a human civilization. When we reached the gates I knew one thing for sure, our city has long way to go.

Look-a-like of Friscos

The city was buzzing with life. Shops everywhere, people busy with their lives. Monsters and their body parts being sold every other shops.



 Bart showed us around the city and took us to the port as well. It was the closest I had been to the sea.

"What a beautiful city." I admired. Bart seemed to disapprove though. Then he took us their ministry of land and property where we met a guy named Gardielo.

"So, you want to buy all this land west of here? You know that's right in the boundary of Tranmire right?"

"Yes, I want to build a farms their and trade your fishes with them. Just a business man doing business. On top I will make sure those scum from Tranmire won't be able to come to Friscos anymore."

"Sure, I am glad to sell those lands, you do whatever you like with that. Once you pay the money that is"

"How much?"

"Not much, 10 gold piece per square km so that's around 25 square km so that would be 250 gold pieces." He grinned.

"That's too much for a disputed land. Plus all the trouble from other side of the boundary and we both know we are not even sure we own all of this land right?"

"Fine 100 gold piece for them"

"I believe that's reasonable."

[ Gold Coins: 980-100=880, Silver Coins: 25,015 ]

As I put the gold on the table, with big smile, he orders his people to get the papers ready for the claimed land. I'm pretty sure he's gonna pull out those land paper out of thin air.

Bart wanted to go meet his friends and we went with him. North outside from the city center there we saw the dark side of Friscos. People just getting by with nothing much, living in shacks and rugged clothes. Bart introduced us to few of his friend and they brought us food to eat. It wasn't much but their gesture filled us warmth in our hearts. I felt for them, these poor people were fucked by the system, when they couldn't pay their taxes they were thrown out of their homes and lands. These kind souls were helpless against a tyrant Pirate King of Firscos.

I gathered few of them and said if they ever wanted to start new life out of this miserable place they could come to my city and I promised they will have a land and home of their own just like Bart and his wife Megan.

Later we went around the city, buying stuff for our own city. The sun's already gone down and we knew it was time. I reach out to Jordan through telepathy.

[ "Have you found the person we need to talk to?" ]

[ "Yes, I was waiting for you. Are you ready to portal?" ]

[ "Yes, we are 4 people one carriage. Make sure nobody sees us." ]

And soon we were in Tranmire. We took shelter that night in a cheap lodge.

Next: City Dungeon: Ch 33 - Tranmire of the lakes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment