Sunday, December 20, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 36 - Absolute disaster

 What an absolute disaster. On one hand there are these Friscans who have seen monsters for first time and on the other hand there is this guy investigating us who is about see some monsters. On top of that these people hate each other for some reason. What a day this has turned out to be.

"These are our friends from Friscos." I decide it was best to be honest when possible. May be it would make them return sooner knowing there's lot of Friscans here and we would work freely out of inspections.

"What are these low life thieves doing here?"

"Who you're calling a thief you arrogant Tranmire cunts." 

Wow, another fights about to start. 

"Calm down guys, you are not here in Friscos or Tranmire. Whatever differences you have, now is not the time. Let's all get inside for now. Megan go ahead, take them in first." I point at the Friscans.

"Look guys, these people here lost their homes and were tossed away by their city, just like you guys but at least you guys have home to go back to right?" I try to smack some sense onto their heads. "Whoever they are, they are my guests here, just like you guys. If you don't respect that and start a fight at your will, I don't know if I can have you guys come inside. We are not Friscans, Tranmirers or monsters here "

"What ..."

"I mean Friscans are not monsters... none of us are right?, lets all behave like humans and be the better one here alright? "

"Fine. You're right this is not Tranmire, we can't just go at someone else's home and complain about their people or guest." Henry calms down and starts to head in.

Dang that was tough. 

"I don't think this will work, Lord Spike." Jordan appears from thin air and suggests. "Let's just sacrifice them all and collect their souls."

"May be we should." For a bit of a second I entertain the idea. "No, Jordan calm down." It was me who needed to calm down actually.

"My Lord, did you tell the guys about the Tranmirers coming for inspection?"

"Fuck me."

I look ahead, at the Tranmirers that just went in and they were drawing their weapons already. 

"Fuck me again." 

I run to them. 

"What did I just tell you guys. We are not monsters here, these are all my guests. Please for love of god stop drawing your weapons at every small things."

"There are monsters there... cooking food, serving food, singing and dancing, ... with people around. What the hell is going on here?" They lowered their weapons in utter shock.

"I don't know. At this point I can't do this anymore. Do whatever you want. I give up. Too tired for this."

"Lord Spike, I love these new humans, they are scared to death but yet so polite and thankful. They loved the food I cooked, so hungry they were." Laria came along lightly dancing and gave me a mug of ale from the tray she brought. "What about you guys do you like Dwarvish ale?" 

A hyaena serving ale? Henry thought this was madness and the guards began to step away as if thinking of running. Jordan came from the other side and sandwiched them from behind. But he cared even less. "I will have one" he then took a mug and quenched his thirst.

"Go ahead drink, I promise you, you guys are safe and no harm will come to you as long as you guys behave."

The guards throw in the weapons, and took a mug each, they drank in fear but soon they actually liked it. 

"It's pretty good." One of them shouted excitedly.

"Ofcourse it is. We brought the best for you guys. Name's Laria by the way. What's yours." 

"I'm... mmMatt"

"What are you any way?" Henry picks a mug and asked the question troubling him. 

"I am gnoll, have you not seen one?"

"I've heard of one before." shouted one of the other guys. The ale seems to loosen them up a bit and now they seemed more relaxed.

"What are you guys doing here. Shouldn't you guys be in a dungeon or something?" Henry still seemed perplexed.

"Ya we should, but Lord Spike chooses not to and wants to build a city for all of us. So we are here helping him."

"Laria, it's not only my city."

"Ya ya, it's all of ours. As much mine as yours. I know already." She points at the humans and "It's as much yours as mine too. He will say it over and over and make you work hard for it. He's a cunning devil I tell you." 

Next:City Dungeon: Ch 37 - Dungeon Lord, Spike


No comments:

Post a Comment