Sunday, December 6, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 25 - On their own

The next day the guys were getting ready to go own their own and I began to worry for their safety. So I decided to pair them up.

"Guys I want you guys to look after each other okay. So, Agalac you take care of Garthos as you are the only one who can carry him if required. Gnas you go with Andro and so him some good time. Andro keep him in check. And Viredeo you can handle yourself solo right? I hope you will behave this time but before you do that I have a small task for you."

"What can I do Spike?" 

"What I said yesterday about it being your city as well, I want you to pass that message to Darrak and his wife Amber. Also tell them its true for whom ever that wants to join us in our journey."

"Understood. I was going to look for a family from my old times among the dwarves. May be this person Darrak can help me find them."

Once he reached Darraks shop, he saw everything was on sale. 

"You guys are trying to sell whatever you can before you leave aren't ya" Viredeo commented.

"Yes... an elf.. what can I get you?"

"Oh I am a friend of Spike. He sent me to know about the situation."

"Oh great, we are packing our stuff as you can see we are getting ready for the travel. There's just too many things to do."

"Can I help you guys with anything?"

"What a kind fellow." Amber was pleased. "I would love to get a hand to get all this stuff into the boxes." She points out all the pots, utensils, anvils and hammers while she is melting all the others into blocks of irons and steels to take with.

While helping them out Viredeo also kept sharing stories about himself and listening to the guys as well. They were bonding and Viredeo also told them about how Spike plans to build good home for all and any of us who joins him help build the city.

"Wait a minute? So it's a dungeon as well as a city?"

"Yes, Spike plans to build something where all the humans and creatures of all types can live together in harmony"

"Oh that's good. So happy to hear that. I can definitely find few good dwarves around here to come with us."

"Ya, my sister Helja and her husband are good weapon smiths. We should definitely ask them to come with us." Amber was excited now that she wont miss her sister as much.

"Ya, Borris looked like he wanted to come too, didn't he?"

"Who is Borris? friend of yours?" Viredeo asked.

"He is my best friend. He and I grew up together. He was all teary when he found out I was leaving"

"Is he a blacksmith like you?"

"He is an engineer. He will be great help in building the city."

"Good, tell him he's most welcome. Also, I was looking for a dwarf friend of mine and his family, I don't know if they still live here." 

"What's your friend's name?"

"Eberk, of the Forstbeard, though it was around about 1100 years back that he lived when we fought together in the battle of the world tree. He was a good friend of mine."

"Forstbeard, never heard of them. I will ask around if some one knows about them."

---

"Where are we going Gnas?" Andro was worried.

"I am going to look for some maid to take care of master, he will be pleased. Hehehe. You can get one for yourself too. I heard there's a black market around here that sells all sorts of monster for dungeons." 

"I am not interested in maid services, I will come along just so you won't get in trouble but later we need to go somewhere I want too."

"Fine where that would be?"

"I want to go learn how to make dwarvish ale, so that we can sell ale in our town."

"Nice. So you want to own a pub?"

"Ya, sort of tavern with lots of food and good ale"

"Sounds good. Good thinking mate."

---

What was surprising coming from Agalac was that first thing he did was he bought horses and carriage for himself and Garthos. He and garthos both felt they found walking difficult and with long road ahead for all of us, a good carriage was a most. I was so proud of our less worders.

Seeing them together, Agalac and Garthos looked like father and son going to a fair. Garthos was pointed at stuff and Agalac bought him with their money and enjoyed it himself too. They were buying stuff here and there. They bought all sorts of items, trinkets, armors, weapons, clothing, animals, and mostly food they wanted to try.

 Next: City Dungeon: Ch 26 Maids

No comments:

Post a Comment