Saturday, December 12, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 30 The humans

Finally here, my own land, I look around see smiling hopeful faces of my subordinates. And then I see some  new, sad crying faces that I had failed to notice before.

"Who are those in chains, there?" I asked Jordan. 

"Oh right I have got you welcome gift. These humans were traveling to Tranmire alone when I found them while returning from Friscos. Their souls are now yours to take." He smiled gleefully hoping to be praised a lot.

I looked at the terrified faces of those humans as if they had never seen creatures like us before. I felt sorry for them for this was not how we wanted to set our first impression to humans. 

"I would like to make things clear to you before something like this happens. I like your gesture and see where this is coming from but from now on we are going to be friends with humans and only kill them if we absolutely have to."

"I see. What are we going to do about them?"

"Let me talk to them."

I decide to change my appearance to look like a human from now on. 

Demon Lord Spike's Human form.

"What do you think? Good job?" I asked Jordan and Andro and they pointed at the horns.

I touched my head and realized I still had my horns, I enchant more magic and then they were gone. Now let's talk the humans.

"Hi, my name is Spike, sorry this happened to you." I unchained them and untie their hands.

"What are you guys? Please let us go. We don't have anything."

Looking at them they look poor, lean and hungry. They looked harmless and it seemed like they actually had nothing on them.

"First of all, I promise you guys we are not here to harm you..."

"Unless you guys do something stupid." Gnas jumps in and scares the to death.

"... stop it." I point him to go help others. "Right he's little protective that's all"

"Is that a Hyena?" the guy stuters in fear.

"Yes, ... kindoff, and I am actually a demon but don't be alarmed. I am here in peace, just want to build a city where we all can live together in harmony."

"Whaat?" they were astonished.

I ask Andro to bring some food and water. 

"This is Andro, He is my subordinate. Infact all of them are my friends and subordinates who gonna help me build the city. You guys can go meet them later if you like. But first... tell me about you guys. Who are you?"

"My name is Bart, and this is my wife Megan. We lost our boat and our home in Friscos and decided to go Tranmire. We have a distant cousin there, we are hoping he might give us a place to stay and work our living." 

"Bart, and Megan, why don't you guys stay with us and help us build the city. We would love to have fellow humans with us."

They look around at the dangerous looking creatures around them and try to escape out of that suggestion.

"I don't think we will be of any help." 

"Quite the contrary, you see I know not all humans are as understanding and kind like you guys. If they knew there was a demon or other beings like us here, they come running at us to kill us. That's why it is very important for us to have you guys to bridge that misunderstanding between our races. All you have to do is help us make our city look more humane and later help us to run that city."

They look at each other not knowing what to say.

"In return, I will give you guys a good land and house to live in my city. What do you think, wanna join us?"

I explained them everything, about my past, how we came here and our plan for the city. Also, I said they could leave at any time they want and no harm would come to them. Only catch being their memory about us will be erased before leaving. I think since they had nothing left back home, they decide to stay and help us. They went about timidly introducing themselves and making strange friends.

 Next: City Dungeon: Ch 31 - Base camp


No comments:

Post a Comment