Thursday, November 26, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 17 - Time to move

Next day, on the day of starting our journey Viredeo was yet to return. I had sent Andro to look around for him but he came back with no clue.

 "I don't think he's coming back master. And why is your summon behaving like your master?" Gnas smirked.

"You see, the type of contract plays a huge role in the how strong a summon is. If I had a slave contract for my summon, with my skills I would be not be able to summon a being as strong as him. But it comes with a cost. He is not bound to my commands but only to my survival and for anything else he has as much free will as me I guess"

"He looked strong" grunted Agalac. 

"Pfft. Didn't think so. It'd been better if you made me your general instead" disagreed by Gnas.

"Packing is done" - Andro

After double checking if all the stuff have been put in the carriage and hoping Viredeo finds his way I climb on the carriage.

"Let's go boys! Our kingdom awaits us."

On the carriage controlling the horses was Andro and we started heading off. Looking around the cold walls of the dungeon, did they always felt this dark and cold? Now that I have a clear idea of the warm and cozy dungeon that I'm going to build looking at those wall leaving behind one at a time became more and more pleasant. 

Finally once we were outside the outermost Locust Dungeon gates we arrive at crossroads leading to furthest corners of land and Andro stops the carriage and asks. 

"Where to master? Where are we going exactly?"

"We need to get to dwarves city to the north and get the best help possible for construction work." I pointed him to the right path and we moved again. 

After may be half an hour in this path. Gnas came closer to me and spoke worriedly.

"Master Spike, I think we are being followed."

I wondered if it was Viredeo but Gnas assured me there were more than few.

"I bet the shopkeeper is behind this. He mus be planning to kill you and take his goods back. If only I was fully healed, I would snap their heads off in no time." Gnas seemed really angry.

Next: City Dungeon: Ch 18 - Trouble on the way


No comments:

Post a Comment