Thursday, November 20, 2014

26. No post today

With my level of education I was the only person qualified for this job. I was the only person who could read or write so naturally I became the postman. I write letters for the whole village, and read it to them if they have any.

It was the time of war and young boys joined the army of the state to fight for their king. You see, our young king was a man of wisdom, not only because he was the one to hire me but because his vision and goals were something that no ordinary king would have. It was about five years ago when I was first summoned to the palace, He met me personally and told me about his plans. I could not just believe him. His plans were so big and impossible, yet the way he said it to me, it all seemed like, if we just do as he said, it might just be possible. Everything was thought for and my role in his plan was thought too. In his orders, I was sent to other states to learn reading and writing. After I returned, I was to become a postman, a messenger of our state. I would go houses to houses bringing them messages from their loved ones. Slowly I became quite a popular man among the people and this was the advantage the king was planning for from the beginning. I became his spokesman, his preacher to the people, to rally them together.

All of which came down to this day. Today, there will be no post. Today, we march, even I. We march against the whole nation with one common goal, one common dream. "Unification !!!"  

1 comment: