Saturday, January 2, 2021

City Dungeon: Ch 42 - A messenger from Dohrendere

 Few weeks had passed and now we not only basic infrastructure and houses but also a recreational pool and few parks being built. The city I visioned was going to be as beautiful as modern and eco-friendly. Everything was going smooth and suddenly one day a messenger arrives from Dohrendere in the dark of the night, scared of being noticed as being a dwarf, by the humans. After reaching the outer gates now big and strong held high by iron chains and big pulleys, the man states his affairs and was immediately brought to me. Knowing someone from their home town was here, Derrek and Amber rush in as well.

"Lord, Spike, I was sent by Tallymund of Doherndere"

"Uncle Tally?" Derrek shouted in surprise.

"Yes, he's the uncle of Derrek and is very ill, he wants to meet his nephew just once before anything bad happens to him"

"Oh no!!! I have to go at once." Derrek began to move around frantically.

"Yes of course I hope nothing bad happens to him. Derrek you may go immediately." I thought if there was anything better I could do to help him than just give him the permission to leave. Of course, I should send Jordan first with haste and just use a portal for rest of the guys.

[ Jordan, I need you to go to Doherndere right away. Need to portal Derrek and Amber there to their family. ]

[ Yes, I will head there right away. ]

I used to wonder how Jordan travelled as fast as he did, and later found out he was combining his telekinetic and blast abilities to push himself in air as if he was flying. Well it sort of was but more like big jumps I guess. Now, that I have become way more powerful than before, Jordan has too become as powerful. Plus he can borrow my powers when required and for this I gave everything I had.

I told Derrek about my plan and they agreed. They packed whatever they thought would be required to take and waited patiently though it was very hard. It would take minimum a week on carriage if it moved at top speed day and night but for Viredeo, road mattered not and he could dash in a straight line.

About an hour later Jordan communicates his status.

[ I've reached Doherndere. I am outside his uncle's place. ] Jordan was panting just a little. I could tell he was trying to control it.

[ Are you ready to create a portal? ] 

[ Just a second. ]

I gathered Derrek and his wife and when ready sent them through the portal. I told them to take as many days you guys need and Jordan will be there to get you guys back here. They thanked me for it and put Eberk in-charge and told him to take good care of businesses for couple of days. 

This was a good thing in disguise that happened to us. Now we know we need to build medical facilities in our city because of this, sickness hasn't been a problem so far but we need to be prepared. Also, with a portal to Doherndere idea now we know we can portal any where we need by just sending Jordan there. Should I feel bad for Jordan? May be we will use it only when required. We should make most of it when we do sent him somewhere. I decided the dwarves could go back home on rotation such that work is not halted here. They gladly accepted and used this, Everyday one of them would go back and another would come back, with carriages of things they needed here. More of the dwarves came along hearing what was happening. And at the end of a week there was more than 50 dwarves living in our city. Even Tallymund, Derrek's uncle was here. Once inside the dungeon I could use my power to heal him to full health as well. 

News spread like a wild fire in Doherndere. What I did was a sign of great friendship and good relation among two cities. Soon we would have big investors being interested in our lands which I had to put off for a while because we were not ready for creating big ruckus around the place we are at, among Humans.

Little did I know we were failing miserably at that. Another couple of week after becoming famous in Doherndere, now not humans but others were starting to flock in. It started with few run away fairies, looking for shelter. Thank god we only had Viredeo and Henry's men at gate at that time. From now on we will need to make sure only our citizens are working at the gate. We can keep hired humans on payed work around the gates. Also we might need a special carriage for our special guests that brings them straight towards administrative and industrial blocks.

Next: City Dungeon: Ch 43 - Appearance of another Dungeon Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment