Sunday, December 6, 2020

City Dungeon: Ch 28 - Frostbeards

 Next morning. "Viredeo, I need you go tell Darrrak and the others to be here tomorrow at noon." 

"Ya sure. I am heading there now."

 "What about you guys? You going out again today?"

"Yes master, I and Gnas..." Andro was interrupted "and me" Laria added. 

"...are going out to learn make ale today"

"Ok sounds good."

"What about you guys Agalac?"

"No money, staying. I will help with packing"

"Haha nice. And where is Yenifer and Briana?"

"They are helping the lodge keeper prepare our break fast." Andro reported. "They said they wanted to cook something for all of us as thank you"

"Okay but take them with you later, I want them to have fun as well."

"Sure!" Andro seemed quite happy at that suggestion.

---

Upon reaching Darrak's place, there was some news waiting for Vireeo. It seemed Darrak and friends have found out that Frostbeards were the family of one of the royal guards. Darrak gave him directions to where he could find the family home and after conveying my message to them he went went looking for them.

Once he reached the house, he could see the clan banner hanging in the front. He inquired and old guy with metal leg it seemed came out of the house.

"What's an elf doing around here?"

Viredeo takes out his sword and lays it in front of his hand to him the sword. "Do you know this sword?"

"Hmm... He stares at it for a while, picks it up and realizes it looked like Frost Mourne one of his family sword. 

"Where did you get this? This looks like our sword but it some how isn't as if the soul of the sword is now undead. Father took it with him but never returned."

"I am an old friend of Thoradin of Frostbeard, your father it seems. He saved my life in the battle, giving his own life for me. He handed his sword to me and asked me to take good care of it. I died carrying this sword and now it has been summoned back along with me."

"I see, it's a reborn Forste Mourne, that's why it has lost all its powers it seems."

"Yes exactly why I am here to have one of you Frostbeards to forge its enchantment back"

"Oh there's no one left to run the forge anymore. My son now lives in the palace as royal guard and I'm too old to do it for you. Tell you what if you get the forge running, I will get that sword enchanted if it's the last thing I do. After all it's our family's legacy, can't let it die like this."

Viredeo was thankful and with his 20 gold he received from me, he gathered resources and some dwarves to help start the massive forge the Frostbeards. After hours of hammering and sharpening the sword, frost mourne was enchanted back to life and was shining bright with magic. Viredeo and the old dwarf shared stories while at it and once done the dwarf remembered his father again and teared up a bit.

"Here you go elf. Take good care of my father's sword. May his soul protect you and your friends in your journey."

Next: City Dungeon: Ch 29 No man's land



No comments:

Post a Comment